1. Procurement Strategy Implementation: Execute procurement tasks in alignment with business requirements. This includes conducting market research, benchmarking prices and service levels, organizing sourcing events, leading supplier negotiations, and proactively managing supplier relationships.
2. Project Leadership: Take the lead in projects involving cross-functional teams, ensuring successful execution of procurement activities. Oversee supply base selection, qualification, and proactive risk management, encompassing the entire source-to-pay process, payment methods, and establishment of supply agreements.
3. Cost Efficiency and Savings: Assume responsibility for achieving savings targets and devising annual plans for cost reduction, consistently improving the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for Smiths Detection China. Drive cost savings through Low-Cost Country Sourcing (LCCS) initiatives and deliver timely savings reports and progress updates.
4. Materials Localization: Develop strategies and sourcing plans to enhance localized supply for specific categories within the Smiths Detection China facilities expenditure portfolio, particularly for the C4C project. Contribute to supply chain efficiency and resilience.
5. Supplier Relationship Management: Conduct periodic business reviews with major suppliers to enhance operational excellence in terms of Price, Quality, and Delivery. Foster strategic relationships that align with the company's objectives.
6. Operational Support: Manage the complete Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) cycle, including issuing Purchase Orders, tracking order deliveries, expediting when necessary, managing Goods Receipt, and overseeing invoice processing.
7. Collaboration with Key Stakeholder: Actively engage with other stakeholders, including Finance, Product & Technology teams, to ensure seamless coordination and alignment in procurement activities.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or a related technical field; master's degree is a plus.
2. Proven experience as a Procurement Engineer or similar role, with expertise in technical procurement processes and supplier management.
3. Solid understanding of technical specifications, engineering drawings, and materials/components.
4. Strong negotiation skills with the ability to balance technical requirements and cost considerations.
5. Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
6. Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external suppliers.
7. Familiarity with procurement software and tools.
8. Proficient in report writing, technical documentation, and communication of complex technical concepts.
9. Experience in working within a global matrix management structure.
10. Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and other relevant software.